Julie Agnes Sparks
LinkedIn || email@example.com
Rollins College (August 2016 - May 2020)
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Economics, History
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a 3.71 GPA.
Completed several study abroad programs including courses at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic and Maynooth University in Maynooth, Ireland.
Cloudflare | Detection & Response Security Engineer
April 2020 – Present
- Design and deploy threat detections for internal and customer-facing systems.
- Investigate incidents using SIEM to analyze logs and provide a thorough response.
- Design and build SOAR automations that improve incident response efficiency.
- Drive team collaboration on enterprise security processes and projects.
Fortress Information Security | Jr. Security Analyst
October 2019 – January 2020
- Configured corporate SIEM by performing a gap analysis, increasing log ingestion, tuning alerts, creating dashboards and customizing reports.
- Identified open source threat intelligence feeds for ingestion to SIEM.
- Worked with vendor support to troubleshoot technical issues with SIEM.
- Created Confluence documentation outlining functionality and use cases of the SIEM, SIRT information, and IR resources.
Cloudflare | Detection & Response Security Intern
June 2019 – August 2019
- Created cloud functions within Google Cloud Platform to serve as rule detections for potential threats.
- Curated playbooks to accompany code when rule detections fire for investigation and response.
- Redesigned Cloudflare’s Bug Bounty program with HackerOne, including communication with stakeholders, revision of the Vulnerability Disclosure Policy, and design of a Hacker Challenge for a new product release.
- Investigated reports of incidents using SIEM, EDR, and raw logs.
Rollins College | IT Security Operations Assistant
January 2019 – May 2019, August 2019 – October 2019
- Researched, organized, and executed a campus-wide Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign which included promotional materials, educational quizzes, and in person workshops.
- Created and maintained vulnerability registry based on external DHS scans and internal vulnerability research.
- Created an Incident Response Plan.
- Investigated security incidents through log research on Palo Alto Networks Firewall and Logrhythm.
Palo Alto Networks | Information Security Intern
June 2018 – September 2018
- Assessed the security risk for 63 internally used applications using the GDPR as a remediation guide.
- Curated data to build an interactive dashboard to track internal critical application risk.
- Screened and imported 1200+ security controls into our Ombud Sales platform in relation to the Evident.io acquisition.
- Created customer-facing documents that demonstrate aligned PCI DSS security controls within our internal and AWS infrastructure.
- Prepared for a customer audit by collecting internal data evidence via personnel interviews and data procedure analysis.
Rollins College | PCI Compliance Assistant
September 2016 – May 2018
- Acted as system administrator for Blackboard Transact, an on-campus financial and physical security management system, including server and database maintenance.
- Configured 40+ Point-of-Sale machines for the Rollins campus and third-party vendors.
- Wrote financial and security policies for PCI data and enterprise incident response.
- Facilitated 50+ employee trainings for roles that required financial data security awareness.
Girl Scouts of America Cybersecurity Badge Courses
Create and teach cybersecurity content to enable young Girl Scouts to learn about how to protect themselves online and inform them on ways to get involved with the security community. Materials are publicly available for use on my Github.
WiCyS Mentor/Mentee Committee Member
Assist the WiCyS organization in recruiting, organizing, and executing a global 12-month mentor and mentee program for members across skill levels and disciplines.
- Speaker at Wonder Woman Tech 2020
Lead a Mentor Magic Session for student and early in career attendees that included a presentation and live Q&A.
Skills: Java, GoLang, Python, Bro/Zeek, Wireshark, Google Cloud Platform
Interests: Traveling, Rock climbing, Dogs, and History
Certifications: Systems Security Certified Professional, Palo Alto Networks Accredited Configuration Engineer